Mindy L. Chmielarz
888-644-2644 (Toll Free)
Ms. Chmielarz, a founding partner of DI Law Group, has extensive experience representing individuals across the country in their claims for private and group disability insurance, long term care insurance, life insurance and health insurance benefits. She has considerable experience in many areas of insurance law and has represented both individuals and insurance companies. However, as a partner at DI Law Group, Ms. Chmielarz now focuses solely on the vigorous representation of insureds in their claim for the benefits to which they are rightfully entitled under the terms of their insurance policies. Additionally, she has been instrumental in getting congress to consider an amendment to the federal statute, ERISA, which will provide claimants with more protection and hold insurance companies accountable for the damages caused by their delay and denial tactics. Ms. Chmielarz has written numerous articles about the insurance claims process, applying for and appealing disability insurance benefits.
Ms. Chmielarz is a member of the Florida and Washington, D.C. Bars and is admitted to practice before the Southern, Middle and Northern (Federal) District Courts of Florida. Prior to joining DI Law Group, Ms. Chmielarz developed and headed the disability insurance department for a national law firm, which now has one of the largest disability insurance departments in the southeast. She earned her Bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan and her Juris Doctorate at the University of Miami School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude, and was an assistant editor for the Law Review as well as a Dean's Fellow.
- Regularly counsels clients applying for Disability Insurance benefits;
- Represents individuals appealing a denial of Individual Disability Insurance benefits;
- Represents individuals appealing a denial of ERISA or Group Disability Insurance benefits;
- Represents individuals seeking a lump sum buyout of their Disability Insurance policy;
- Assists the insured or the family of the insured seeking to obtain Long Term Care benefits;
- Counsels and Represents individuals denied Long Term Care benefits;
- Represents individuals seeking to obtain or denied Life Insurance benefits;
- Represents individuals in their claims for Health Insurance Benefits
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Juris Doctorate magna cum laude
- University of Michigan