Alicia Paulino-Grisham is a founding partner of Disability Insurance Law Group, a South Florida-based law firm representing individuals in both private and group disability, life, health and long-term care insurance claims at all stages of the claims process. Ms. Paulino-Grisham is a civil litigation attorney who concentrates her practice on representing claimants with chronic physical and mental illnesses and disabilities, catastrophic injuries, health insurance claims requiring partial hospitalization and residential treatment, and life insurance dispute litigation. Ms. Paulino-Grisham also represents hospitals and clinics in preparing health insurance claim denial administrative appeals.
Ms. Paulino-Grisham is a member of the Florida Bar Association and is admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States, the Eleventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. She is an invited member of the American Association of Disability Attorneys; is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the South Palm Beach Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers; and is an executive board member of the Alliance for Eating Disorders.
Ms. Paulino-Grisham has been interviewed by both national and local news stations and publications on the issue of disability and health insurance litigation. She has been a guest speaker for numerous advocacy groups, specialty groups, medical associations and facilities, and financial advisors on the subject of insurance benefit claims and litigation, including the American Conference Institute, the Eighth International Conference on Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, the Susan G. Komen South Florida Legislative Initiative, the American Chiropractic Association and the Florida Chiropractic Physicians Association.
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: President of Moot Court
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Don't Be Hobbled By Your Disability Insurance Carrier, Dental Economics, 2005
- Eighth International Conference on Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, Guest Speaker
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Palm Beach Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2006 to Present
- Lantana Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2007 to Present
- Florida Bar Association, Member